- High Line Back-To-School Teen Fashion Show (prweb.com)
- High Line (talleypcb.wordpress.com)
- New York Fashion Week Content Provided for Bloggers and Online… (prweb.com)
- PHOTOS: DKNY Spring 2014 collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York (photos.denverpost.com)
by user FancifulFaces
- Google Glass Gets A More Fashionable Design (ubergizmo.com)
- The Next Version Of Google Glass Might Actually Look Normal Instead Of Ridiculous (GOOG) (businessinsider.com)
- The 11 Google Glass improvements we hope Google I/O delivers (reviews.cnet.com)
- Good Morrow and Good Day! Discovering the Bristol Renaissance Faire (styling-on-the-edge.com)
You know you’ve made it big when people can recognise you based on one thing and one thing only. Like your first name: Rihanna, Beyonce, Cher. What about if you were iconic enough to be recognised based on your shoes? Federico Mauro has compiled famous people and their famous shoes as a fun personal project. Zuckerberg’s has to be the best of them all.
In this post, I’d like to share things I learned while studying in Italy and working as a shopping assistant. Incorporating trendy pieces into the wardrobe and shopping at a fast fashion retail is fun. Yet, you must consider investing in quality pieces as well. I mean classic, timeless basics. These garments have high-quality tailoring that compliment your body shape, as well as your personal style. Each basic must be practical and versatile for day and evening. Here are 10 items every woman must own. Splurge on these items, even if you have a tight budget.
Trench coat. Invest in a great quality trench coat. I recommend Burberry with its distinctive tartan pattern lining. Company founder Thomas Burberry designed this item.
Leather jacket. Splurge on a great leather jacket. Loewe, Spanish luxury fashion house based in Madrid, is world-famous for its leather craftsmanship. Its clients have clothes and accessories tailored to their own personal requirements. Also, you can find great quality leather jacket at good value at www.yoox.com
Striped shirt. Traditional striped cotton shirts (“La Mariniere” or Breton shirt) originated in Brittany, France. Sailors wore these uniforms throughout Northern France. The distinctive block pattern on shirt made them easier to spot in the waves. The traditional Breton shirt usually has a boat neckline. The uniforms inspired Coco Chanel and she introduced the design through her nautical collection in 1917. For more information about Chanel click here. For info on how to pull off a stripe look click here.
Little black dress. Coco Chanel also designed a timeless classic piece that every woman must have. The little black dress is worn during the day and evening.
Capri or cropped pants. Numerous celebrities, including Audrey Hepburn, Jane Russell, Kim Novak, Jacqueline Kennedy, Elizabeth Taylor, wore the capri. They were designed by the Sonja de Lennart. She named those pants after her favorite holiday destination ― an island on the south side of the Gulf of Naples in the Campania region of Italy.
Pant Suit/Skirt Suit. Based on your body shape, you must have a pant suit or skirt suit. Avoid buying yours in fast-fashion retail strips. I can instantly recognize a cheap product from a high-quality tailored one. A great suit is timeless and worth of splurge. I personally recommend choosing from Hugo Boss, Emporio/Giorgio Armani, Balenciaga, Costume National or Calvin Klein.
T-Shirt. You must have at least one high-quality designer T-Shirt. This item will go through multiple washings but always look like new. A great T-shirt gives a youthful touch to any outfit and can be combined with other basics. Choose one that can be worn during the day and evening.
Pencil Skirt. The right pencil skirt flatters any body shape when combined with the right pieces. Choose one that has a lining, which indicates quality, especially in suits and pencil skirts.
A pair of jeans. No commentary needed. You must have a pair of great fitting jeans.
White Shirt. If you purchase the right one, a classic button-down shirt looks amazing. It is necessary, however, to choose a high-quality fabric and a style that has a well-tailored design that compliments your body shape. It’s a versatile piece. Pair it with jeans and it’s polished and casual. Wear it with a pencil skirt and high heels for a chic office look. Accessories and jewelry will change the appearance of just one simple classic shirt. Click here for more details.
- Fashion Tips – Chic work outfit options without the hefty price (myfashioncents.com)
- Inspiration: 3 Ways to Style a Leather Pencil Skirt (whatdresscodeblog.com)
- Suit Style: Slim Pencil Vs. Swingy A-Line (forbes.com)
- 12 Mind-Blowing Transformational Dresses (buzzfeed.com)
- How to Dress Like an Italian (rickzullo.com)
- How to Organise Your Shoes (cherribellini.wordpress.com)
- Alejandra G Spring/Summer 2013 Shoe Favorites (myfashioncents.com)
- Fashion Design Schools (findyourartschool.com)
- Fashion Tips – Grey Nail Polish: The New Black or Just Plain Morbid? (myfashioncents.com)
I believe Instagram empowers people to think about the work that is vital in producing good photographs. Mobile photography inspires them to get started. Instagram allows you to share and advertise your work . Yet, it will never replace great photography.
An analogy would be the influence of fast fashion on consumers. Much to the annoyance of famous designers, fast fashion, which emulates influential designers’ lines, are flourishing sporadically. Yet, they will never replace quality.
I always believed that a collaboration of designers with fast-fashion brands would be an opportunity for designers to expose themselves to the mass market. It’s a means of advertising and increasing brand awareness.
The same is true for photographers.
Stop ignoring Instagram. It won’t leave.
Use it as an opportunity to promote your skill and talent.
What are your thoughts on Instagram vs. real photography?
- Stroke kills Zara clothing founder (theage.com.au)
- The Fast Fashion Trend is Over…Or At Least Starting to Die (bridgetteraes.com)